Monday, June 28, 2010

I was reading in 2 Kings and 6:15-17 stuck out to me. This is the passage: 15Now when the attendant of the man of God had risen early and gone out, behold, an army with horses and chariots was circling the city. And his servant said to him, "Alas, my master! What shall we do?"   16So he answered, "(A)Do not fear, for (B)those who are with us are more than those who are with them."
   17Then Elisha prayed and said, "(C)O LORD, I pray, open his eyes that he may see " And the LORD opened the servant's eyes and he saw; and behold, the mountain was full of (D)horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.

  
Here are my notes: Sight looks at appearances (of people, circumstances, etc.) and produces fear; whereas faith looks to God and finds peace in ANY circumstance. :o)  
  Here is another good quote I had written down: "Peace means the absence of fear (I would also add "worry") and turmoil - NOT the absence of pain and grief." I really like this quote and the truth found in it. This is one truth I cling to like right now, when we have our 11th baby due in 6 weeks. We are not guaranteed any safe, easy-going birth/deliveries and every birth/delivery is different...so, when fear and worry creep in, this quote really comforts me! I also have a handful of bible verses I cling to right now. :o) 
  Like us, you may be in a circumstance right now, that when viewed at their "appearance," would cause us to be fearful (and cause our relatives and friends to become fearful for us)...but, when we keep our eyes on the Lord, He gives us peace amidst our circumstances and we can rest in Him no matter what!  And, we can encourage our critics to do likewise. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment