Saturday, January 23, 2010

Matcha Green Tea...a life saver (enhancer)!

Matcha Green Tea has really helped improve my health and well-being! Let me tell you how...for the last 14 years, I have had "sinking spells," (for lack of a better term). I believe the spells were brought on when I took birth control pills before my husband and I were married. I would just "zone out" for a minute or two. I could hear and see what was going on around me, but I was unable to respond. It was as if a dark feeling came over me...I don't know how else to explain it. I tried homeopathic medicine to treat my thyroid and adrenals, exercise, etc. Nothing worked until I started drinking Matcha almost a year ago. I realized after drinking Matcha, that my "sinking spells" went away completely! I was so relieved. This was confirmed when I stopped drinking Matcha for a month or so and I had another "sinking spell." Since drinking Matcha again, I have not had any more problems.

I like to drink Matcha mixed with milk and agave nectar, for sweetener. Sometimes I put 1/8-1/4 t. in a warm cup of water and drink it like that (the healthiest way to drink it). Matcha has so many wonderful health benefits! It is a mood enhancer and it has a ton of antioxidants! Cheap Matcha is bitter and not very good. For the most benefits, it's best to get Matcha from Nishio, Japan. It's not cheap, but it's SO worth the cost, because the health benefits are greater and the taste is sweeter. For an extensive look at the benefits of Matcha, please see this link: http://products.mercola.com/green-tea/


4 comments:

  1. Thanks, I will check it out. Paul likes tea but, I don't.I wish I did because I totally believe in the benefits of good tea. I'm glad its made you better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silly question, but I've heard matcha can effect birth control? I really need a healthy pick me up, but I definitely need my BC to work! Have you heard or experienced anything like this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ashley, there are no silly questions. I am no doctor, so I don't want to give you any advice in that direction. I can only speak on my own personal experience. With that said, I did a little research and most of what I found out said that drinking matcha green tea can cause you to be jittery, etc. when taking birth control. I did not see anything about it effecting the efficacy of birth control. But, every body is different. I would encourage you to try some and see how it works for you! Just remember, everything in moderation.:-) If you try matcha, come back and let me know what you think.;-)

    ReplyDelete